Currently, many companies are moving away from traditional databases to new database appliances, or big databases or in the cloud. Companies are taking these considerable data migration risks because, without database migration, you cannot get the benefits of the fantastic new technologies like performance, big data processing, and lower cost maintenance.
Bottom line, companies need to migrate data, and for migration to be successful they need to do data migration testing. In the time and resource-constrained world, there is no alternative to automated data migration testing.
Manual data migration testing has become the Achilles heel for data migration projects because:
- Huge data volume
- Existence of SaaS databases in the cloud
- Shrinking project Time, Money and Resources
- Lack of qualified data testers
- Inability to reconcile data between legacy data and new databases
- The number of tables has also increased exponentially
- The need for quicker turnaround time
- Regression testing
- The advent of DevOps/DataOps methodology does not support manual testing